Homewood Human Solutions™ is looking for an experienced clinician to work as part of the Client Services team, providing Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) counselling, information and resources over the telephone to clients who prefer immediate assistance.
This position reports to the Clinical Manager, EFAP. The successful candidate will be based out of the Montreal office.
- Provide quick and effective telephonic assessments on issues regarding client behaviour and emotional health, family, wellness, work issues and other personal matters in order to clarify present and immediate goals in both French and English.
- Provide the client with tangible strategies that the client can implement
- Complete intervention notes and any other tracking documentation as needed
- Work collaboratively with the Client Services clinical team and contribute to projects as needed such as organisational interventions
- Provide suicide prevention interventions and risk assessments as necessary
- Administrative tasks such as case record reviews, client follow ups and other tasks as assigned
- Master in Psychology or Education/Arts (Counselling Psychology) or Social Work
- Registration such as a Social Worker, Psychologist, Registered Marriage & Family Therapist or psychotherapist.
- Minimum 2 years of clinical experience with a continuum of mental health and situational problems including experience and training in solution-oriented and/or cognitive behavioural short term therapies
- Crisis hotline and telephonic counselling experience preferred
- Prior EFAP experience preferred
- Ability to proficiently use Microsoft Office (Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Superior active listening skills and a demonstrated ability to be empathic to all client concerns
- Strong skills in risk assessment
- Strong ability to work within a team
- Excellent command of English and French language, both verbal and written
- Excellent on line research skills and the ability to locate and access emergency and/or community resources anywhere in the country
- Ability to be flexible and creative in approach to single-session counselling
About Homewood Human Solutions™:
Homewood Human Solutions™ is a leader in mental health strategies for the workplace and provides: Employee and Family Assistance Programs (EFAPs / EAPs), workplace interventions, health promotions, psychological assessments and disability management services. The Company serves over 1,600 organizational clients, and supports over one million employees in managing their health and wellbeing.
Competitive salary and benefits are offered.
Come and join our team and help improve life of organization and their employees! Submit your letter of interest, resume and salary expectations by email to: email@example.com
this position will remain open until the successful candidate has been identified.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.