Homewood Human Solutions™ is looking for an experienced clinician to work as part of the Client Services team, providing Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) counselling, information and resources over the telephone to clients who prefer immediate assistance.
This position reports to the Clinical Manager, EFAP and is a one year maternity leave. The successful candidate will be based out of the Vancouver office.
- Provide quick and effective telephonic assessments on issues regarding client behaviour and emotional health, family, wellness, work issues and other personal matters in order to clarify present and immediate goals
- Provide the client with tangible strategies that the client can implement
- Complete intervention notes and any other tracking documentation as needed
- Work collaboratively with the Client Services clinical team and contribute to projects as needed
- Provide suicide prevention interventions as necessary
- Administrative tasks such as case record reviews, client follow ups and other tasks as assigned
- Master in Psychology or Education/Arts (Counselling Psychology) or Social Work
- Registration as a registered counsellor such as Social Worker (clinical registry), Psychologist, Registered Marriage & Family Therapist or Canadian Certified Counsellor.
- Minimum 2 years of clinical experience with a continuum of mental health and situational problems including experience and training in solution-oriented and/or cognitive behavioural short term therapies
- Crisis hotline and telephonic counselling experience preferred
- Prior EFAP experience preferred
- Ability to proficiently use Microsoft Office (Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Superior active listening skills and a demonstrated ability to be empathic to all client concerns
- Strong skills in risk assessment
- Strong ability to work within a team
- Excellent command of English language, both verbal and written – French language skills would be an asset
- Excellent on line research skills and the ability to locate and access emergency and/or community resources anywhere in the country
- Ability to be flexible and creative in approach to single-session counselling
About Homewood Human Solutions™:
Homewood Human Solutions™ is a leader in mental health strategies for the workplace and provides: Employee and Family Assistance Programs (EFAPs / EAPs), workplace interventions, health promotions, psychological assessments and disability management services. The Company serves over 1,600 organizational clients, and supports over one million employees in managing their health and wellbeing.
Competitive salary is offered.
Come and join our team and help improve life of organization and their employees! Submit your letter of interest, resume and salary expectations by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
by May 10th 2013
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.