Homewood Human Solutions™ is seeking an experienced registered psychologist or mental health clinician to provide support to our Clinical Managers, and clinical consultation to our provider network as well as delivering direct clinical services to our clients.
This position will report to the Clinical Manager, Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) and will be located in our Montreal office.
- Provide support to Clinical Managers (ex.: complaint investigation, orientation of new clinician, case audit reviews, assist with recruitment of French speaking providers)
- Provide consultation and direction to clinicians regarding, request for case extensions, formal referrals and case questions.
- Deliver EFAP services face to face or telephonic counselling as well as assessments
- Provide crisis management services and facilitate workshops as required and where personal competencies and time allows
- Provide KPAL and after hours crisis management last resort on-call services
- Minimum of a Masters in Psychology, Social Work, or equivalent
- Must hold valid registration with Quebec governing body
- Minimum 5 years counselling experience, supervisory, management or service coordination experience would be an asset
- Expertise in brief solution-oriented counselling
- Beneficial if knowledge of assessment, crisis management, and EFAP services
- Excellent command of both French and English language, both verbal and written
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to proficiently use Microsoft Office (Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent presentation skills
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to provide seamless customer service delivery to both internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work independently as well as to contribute actively to team objectives
- Ability to identify opportunities for customer service improvement
- Take responsibility for actions and decisions
- Find ways to integrate sustainability into own work
About Homewood Human Solutions™:
Homewood Human Solutions™ is a leader in mental health strategies for the workplace and provides: Employee and Family Assistance Programs (EFAPs / EAPs), workplace interventions, health promotions, psychological assessments and disability management services. The Company serves over 1,600 organizational clients, and supports over one million employees in managing their health and wellbeing.
Competitive salary and benefit package is offered.
Come and join our team! Submit your letter of interest and resume with salary expectations as soon as possible to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.