Workplace Wellness and Mental Health 2012
Renaissance Toronto, Toronto, Ontario
Workplace Wellness and Mental Health 2012, June 18-19, 2012, Toronto - explore how to get top performance from people with the most efficient and effective support and services.
Reinvigorating your EAP to Achieve Wellness and Mental Health Goals
Aileen Ashman, Director, Human Resources Management, Toronto Police Service &Judith Plotkin, Vice-President, Strategic Growth, Homewood Human Solutions
Drawing on her extensive experience in the field, Judith Plotkin will provide practical guidance on how to get started and build momentum for a wellness strategy in your workplace—one that includes mental health. Featuring vital information for those starting out and for those looking to build more energy around an existing program, this discussion will consider such critical aspects as:
- the importance of starting out from organizational goals and values
- customizing a program for your organization
- engaging all employees in the wellness effort
- developing a deploying key wellness tool
- recognizing organizational practices that support or hinder wellness at work
- addressing cultural barriers and enablers
- the role of leaders in ensuring success
Judith will be joined by Aileen Ashman of the Toronto Police Service who will share her organization’s wellness journey and re-defining their approach to EAP.